Table of Contents
Oil red O Stain is planned for the staining of impartial fat.
Principle of Oil Red O Stain:
Staining of lipids is accepted to connect with the actual properties of arrangement or adsorption. Colors display a more noteworthy dissolvability in lipoid substances of frozen tissue than that in unique solvents. Lipid staining is the result of dyes moving into lipids from organic solvents during staining.
- Rinse the frozen tissue briefly in distilled water after cutting it to a thickness of 6-10 m.
- Flush tissue in 60% isopropanol for 20~30 seconds.
- Plan Oil Red O working arrangement with 6 mL of Oil Red O stock arrangement and 4 mL of deionized water. Mix thoroughly and let stand for ten minutes. Stain in Oil Red O working answer for 5~10 minutes.
- To get rid of any remaining stains, rinse in 60% isopropanol for a few seconds. Use distilled water to rinse.
- Use Mayer hematoxylin solution to stain nuclei.
- In 1% hydrochloric acid, separate the slides for a few seconds.
- Blue in diluted lithium carbonate solution or tap water for ten minutes. Get rid of any excess water.
- Mount with arabinan or glycerin jam.
|Oil Red O stock solution||250ml||Oil Red O|
|Mayer hematoxylin solution||250ml||Hematoxylin|
- To show lipids, stain frozen tissue rather than paraffin tissue, as lipids are promptly dissolvable in natural solvents.
- The frozen tissue utilized for lipid staining ought not to be excessively slight. The lipid content would be lost otherwise.
- The counterstaining time in Mayer hematoxylin ought not to be excessively lengthy.
- The stain won’t last long, so keep an eye on it and snap photos as soon as you can.